fSo, it's a little late (2 months, oops!) but I've seen a few lists of Culinary Resolutions making the local food blog rounds and, like that inescapable Facebook "25 Things" note, I finally couldn't resist. And since LDB celebrated its one-month birthday this past Sunday (!!), what better time to set some goals for the future?
La Dolce Bacon 2009 Culinary Resolutions:
* Make Thai food at home, to make up for the thousands of carry-out green chicken curries I've brought into the office
* Try making fresh pasta, even if it's just to give me an excuse to buy the pasta roller attachment for my Kitchen-Aid
* I've already been working on this, but one overall goal I have for this year is to make and eat more "meat secondary" dishes. I've been eating vegetarian mains much more often since I read this article, and it's nice to know that I can definitely remove meat from my meals a few times a week and be just as happy.
* Cook something with the following ingredients for the first time:
* Star anise (since I was gifted with a bottle for Christmas- thanks, Cat!)
never made fish at home.
* Poach an egg- it sounds easy enough when I read it in recipes, but I've never actually done it!
If you have any other suggestions that I should try this year, please let me know!